2009-07-29

We sent Aybra packing ...



... just for three days, that is. Our local school district runs a camp up in the Uintah Mountains. She has been so excited for this all year (she had to register in January I think). The day finally came. We had to have her at the school at 7:30 am. and there she joined a noisy excited group (poor bus driver) of kids from her class.


Aybra has a great group of girlfriends that she rarely sees outside of school* so there were a lot of squeals and hugs and giggling. It was strange to send my little girl off on a bus to hang in the mountains (isn't she way too young for this kind of thing). But her smile says differently.
Ellasen is sure she has been on the bus this whole time and is missing her sister quite a bit. I am sure there will be lots of pictures and stories to share when she gets home. I can't wait for her to do a guest post.
*Aybra's is part of the school district's magnet program so her class is made up of students from across the valley, it makes it hard to get together to play outside of school with out some advanced planning.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! Looks like lots of fun. I would be kinda freaked out I think to let go. Hope you had fun Aybra and I hope Ella isn't scarred for life for school buses.