
My kids have just discovered the joy of Saturday Morning Cartoons, except it is Sunday night. I could not get Corben to come into dinner tonight, but I could hear him laughing hysterically in the other room. Frustrated, I went in to "help" him into dinner. There he was, transfixed to "Tom and Jerry". I had to convince him I would pause the show if he would please join us for dinner. The boy has never eaten so fast and thoroughly. Now, as I am typing I hear his laughter has been joined by Zachary. Remember the days when you had to wake up extra early for one measly episode of your favorite cartoon? Ahhhh, the joys these kids will never fully understand.
3 comments:
My kids LOVE Tom and Jerry too. We "discovered" them last year. I bought a cheap DVD of them from WalMart and that transfixed my kids to the tube for many hours--again and again. They love it! I am with you though, kids these days don't have to wake up at 6:00 am on Saturday morning to catch their one day of fabulous cartoons! I miss those days.
There is nothing like the old cartoons. My kids were obsessed with Tom and Jerry, now they are on to Johny Quest. Good times!
Chloe LOVES Tom and Jerry. It always makes me smile when she watches it because I too loved it when I was a kid. I remember FIGHTING Over the tv on Sat morn. I wanted to watch 'Carebears' or 'wuzzles' and my sis wanted to watch 'peewees playhouse' lol. So we had to alternate Saturdays. Now you can watch cartoons 24 hours a day! It's crazy how much has changed, just since we were kids! LOL!
Post a Comment