2008-09-30

Grandma Baker

* disclaimer: This picture was taken the day after Ellasen (LaRae after my grandma) was born. We were on our way home from the hospital and stopped by her house. She was not feeling well due to her cancer treatment and my excuse, well I had just had a baby 24 hours earlier, cut a girl some slack

My Grandma (Baker) fell last night and broke her hip. She now has to have a hip replacement, but the surgery has been put on hold due to a staph infection she has in her elbow. She has a rough time the past fews years. She has gone through kidney cancer and excruciating and debilitating back problems and now this. It has been a long road, but hopefully the ride is coming to an end (hmmm that doesn't sounds quite right).
She was one of my best friends growing up. I loved to sleep over at her house and wear her white cotton nightgowns. She was the only grandma I knew that laid out all summer long. When I was little I would call her just to tell her stories, she had to buy an extra long phone cord so she could still do things around the house, but she always listened. She loves to play cards and before I had a houseful of kids I would spend hours at her house playing progressive rummy and the later hand and foot.

She has always been a great example to me of what a homemaker should be.  I look up her in so many ways. 

I hope you are on the road to recovery soon grandma.  We love you!!!

2 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I have heard that she has had a rough time. Hoping all is well with her and that she isn't in too much pain:(

Joey Clements said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma Mandy. I hope she's doing ok and has a quick recovery. She sounds like such a wonderful person.